Monday, December 10, 2012

Taki Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Restaurant - Dacula

Taki Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Restaurant - Dacula just opened it's doors for business and we decided to give them a try for a birthday dinner. One of my families favorite places to eat is the Hibachi style Japanese that are popular in and around Dacula, GA.  We seem to gravitate to them whenever there is a special occasion such as a birthday or anniversary. Last night was no exception. My brother in law, Tom Wilber just had a birthday so we decided to give a new restaurant in Dacula a try. Taki Japanese Sushi and Hibachi located in the new Kroger shopping center off Dacula Road just opened on December 3rd and it is worth a try.

Taki did a great job with the layout and design of the interior space and it was decorated very nicely with some really interesting light fixtures over the bar area. The space did not feel crowded and we had a party of sixteen and we were able to be seated at one table around two hibachi grills. What I was impressed with was that typically I always feel crowded and confined when eating in this type setting but that was not the case here. There was plenty of room and from my vantage point I could see the entire restaurant (I have a issue with putting my back to the door).

Overall the service was good, and other than a slight delay with our checks (could have been because we had five different families) the service was very good, especially considering they just opened less than a week ago.

As for the food, it was plentiful and prepared quickly and to order. My wife Carmen had some sushi (Bubba Gump Roll) and it was presented very well and looked good. She did not offer me any which is a indication of its taste. :) Just kidding honey. My hibachi order had a good taste, the shrimp were very good size and the meat had a good flavor as well. One of the things I liked was that they offered kid size portions and were priced pretty well for their size.  The adult entrees were in the $15-22 range and I think this is pretty much the norm for this type of meal.

In speaking with the Manager, Mark Flanders, he indicated that they are very excited to be able to offer this type of restaurant to Dacula and the surrounding areas. Mark made sure throughout dinner that he checked on not only our group but others in the restaurant to make sure we were pleased with the service and food.

As we were leaving Mark handed me a few coupons offering a Free Appetizer with the purchase of a entree so if you would consider giving them a try, let me know and I will send you one to use. I was impressed with how both the management and staff presented themselves and I would recommend you giving Taki a try the next time you are in the mood for a Japanese Hibachi meal or some sushi.

Taki is located at 525 Dacula Road, Dacula Ga 30019, 678-518-5888.


No comments:

Post a Comment