Wednesday, February 13, 2013

If I could sell my home sold for $___________ I would move today

If I could sell my home sold for $___________ I would move today.

Have you seen this type of post floating around the internet, particularly Facebook asking the question of if you could sell your home for a dollar amount of your choosing you would do it?

 Instead of merely reading and brushing off this I would ask you to take a serious look at this question and get back to me with your answer. There is a HUGE lack of available inventory currently for sale in and around Atlanta and right now may just be the right time to sell your home.

Why? Well with inventory down over 30% from this time last year and the stall in the foreclosure market, home sellers are actually in a pretty good situation if they would consider selling sooner rather than later.  One of the main reasons this is the case is that the home construction is not currently a huge market for Buyers to look at.

New home builders are starting to build inventory but they are for the most part four to six months out from a large amount of available inventory. The new home pricing is now and moving forward is going to be very competitive with resale homes and once inventory catches up, existing home sales may drag a bit.

The Atlanta market has always been a New Home market. We like new, shiny things down here in the South and new homes are no exception. So, if a resale home is competing with a new home at the same price, the chances that the buyers would buy new are pretty high. With little new home inventory, resale homes have a leg up at this point, but time may be running out.

So, let me ask you a question. "If you could sell your home for $_____________ today I would move"

Email me your dollar amount and let me see what I can do for you.

Matt



No comments:

Post a Comment